The 6th International Algae Congress which will take place on December 4 & 5 2012 in Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
Among confirmed speakers:
- Mr. V. (Vítor) Verdelho, Board Member and Chief Development Officer, Algafuel P
- Mr. A. (Andreas) Weber, Algae Biotech SL E
- Prof. dr. B. (Birgit) Kamm, Honorary Professor Biorefinery Technology, FI Biopos e.V. and BTU Cottbus D
- Dr. J. (Jose) Olivares, Executive Director, NAABB USA
- Dr. H. (Hans) Kleivdal, Research Leader, Centre for Applied Biotechnology, Uni Research AS N
- Mr. J. (John) Benemann, CEO, MicroBio Engineering, Inc USA
- Dr. J. (Joachim) Grill, CEO, See Algae Technology, D
- Dr. M. (Magali) Siaut, PhD, Greenstars Program FR- Mr. P. (Phillippe) Tramoy, Managing Partner of the company CBDM.T – Market & Business Intelligence FR
- Prof. S. (Sammy) Boussiba, director of the French Associates Institute for Agriculture & Biotechnology of Dryland at the Jacob
Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research at Ben Gurion University ISRAEL- Mr. R. (René) Draaisma, Unilever R&D Vlaardingen Research NL
- Dr. M.A. (Monique) Schoondorp, Managing Partner, Algaecom and professor new business development Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
- Dr. Z. (Zsuzsanna) Libor, Cranfield University UK
- Dr. C. (Cees) Sagt, Principal Scientist Strain Development, DSM Biotechnology Center, DSM Food Specialties B.V NL
- Prof. R. (Rene) Wijffels, Wageningen University NL- Mr. P. (Pieter) Boelens, COO Evodos NL- Mr. D. (Doug) DiLillo, Pall Energy Group Industrial BioTechnology Lead BioBased Fuels & Chemicals Markets USA- Dr. M. (Monika) Solanki, Birmingham City University GB- Dr. J. (Jennifer) Champenois, Centre d’Etude et de Valorisation des Algues (CEVA)FR- Dr. C. (Chris) de Visser, Wageningen UR NL
- Dr. R. (Rommie) van der Weide, Acrres NL
Please scroll down for more information.
6th International Algae Congress 2012 at a glanceFollowing the success of the previous five international algae congresses, the organisers are pleased to announce the sixth International Algae Congress. The sixth International Algae Congress takes place at the floating pavilion in Rotterdam The Netherlands, on 4 & 5 December next.
It is organised by DLG BENELUX from the Netherlands.
Address Floating pavilion; Tillemakade 99, 3072 AX Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Facts & figures 5th International Algae Congress Berlin, 2011:
Over 120 algae stakeholders
+30 countries (European ánd Overseas )
26 speakers, CEO’s, professors from all over the world
+10 poster presentations, exhibitors
Senior Life Time Achievement Award Ceremony
Register to:- Meet the international algae elite
- Examine new developments
- Recognize key opportunities for your business
- Maximize your position in the global algae market
Programme and SessionsUpdates on the programme and the speakers are still made, so please keep an eye on this page, or sign up for our e-newsletter.
Sessions address the following themes:
Session 1: Future European Algae Biomass; forecast, regulations and investment opportunities - Forecast
- Investment opportunities
Session 2: Commercial Algae Production, new views & concepts from laboratory and field- Reduction of energy input
- Efficiënt use of sunlight
- Nutrient recycle
- Scale up
- LCA’s/ Design scenarios
- Innovative photobioreactors
Session 3: EU & Global projects
- Reports on FP7 and global projects
Session 4: Strain Selection & Genetic Engineering
- Latest developments
- Innovative technologies
Session 5: Biofuel production & Biorefinery
- Promising Technologies
- Innovative business models that lead to the implementation of Biorefinery
Session 6: Upscaling and Commercialisation
- Market analysis studies
- Market potential and time lines
Session 7: Markets & Closing
Registration fees excl VAT- Congress delegate €895 incl conference dinner
- Congress delegate 1 day €450
- Student ( * copy student card required ) €299
- Poster presentation €100 ( excl congress sessions )
- Stand €495
- Abstract book & presentations €250
You will meet delegates from various sectors from the algae industry, including scientists, aquaculture, algae producers, waste managers, water treatment, end-users (food, feed, aquaculture, pharma), VC PE and other investors, consultants, energy companies, equipment, technology & infrastructure and government agencies.
Please click here for testimonials from delegates and speakers.
Algae Information MarketAn excellent platform where companies and scientists can demonstrate their products and/or services by means of a stand or a poster presentation. The information market will be located in the foyer surrounding the congress room. This foyer is used for the registration of participants, coffee breaks and lunches as well. You will have sufficient time for networking with participants during these coffee breaks and lunches.
Please click here for an overview of the partipants and the possibilities.
The International Algae Congress is the opportunity to;• Position your brand and business
• Get direct and exclusive access to a group of targeted decision makers and
• Create new partnerships and alliances
• Share knowledge and know-how with your target group
• Benefit from unrivalled lead generation and profiling at this event
Team will be happy to answer your questions, please contact;
Christie de Vrij
+31 (0)348 – 484 002